This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Forever: The New Tattoo – R. Klanten and F. Schulze
- Your Eyes Here – Shepard Fairey
- Covert to Overt: The Under/Overground Art of Shepard Fairey
- Stickerbomb Skateboard: 150 Classic Skateboard Stickers
- The World Atlas of Tattoo – Anna Felicity Friedman et al
- Urban Art Legends – KET
- Bio Art: Altered Realities – William Myers
- JR: Can Art Change the World? – Nato Thompson and Joseph Remnant
- Out of the Box: The Rise of Sneaker Culture – Elizabeth Semmelhack
- Mural XXL – Claudia Walde
What items from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Mural XXL. As you can see in my picture I’m a fan of big books and I personally just love a mural when I run into one on the streets. This book has a great selection of the world’s most beautiful huge pieces. A very nice book to have on your coffee table and to browse through when you have a cup of tea or coffee. This way you can enjoy these great works of art from the comfort of your home.
“Forever: The New Tattoo. This book is not new but a very nice collection of the revolution in the tattoo world. The new style is quite different from the sailor tattoos that started it all. Lots are in black ink but very interesting graphically. Think of 3D, pointillism, Russian Criminal style, and fine line techniques.
“Stickerbomb Skateboard. I used to be a skater so this book brings up memories and feels nostalgic to me personally. A collection of 150 stickers of different skateboard brands such as Santa Cruz, Alien Workshop, and Toy Machine. Lots of them are quite funny and put a smile on my face. A cool gift for a person who is or who has been a skater.
“The World Atlas of Tattoo. If you know someone who is planning to get some ink done but not sure what to get, then this is the perfect gift for him or her. It has a lot of pictures of all kinds of tattoos along with a history of tattooing and a selection of famous tattoo artists’ best pieces.”
This was the last post in this series. An overview post can be found here.