This year we decided to introduce all our buyers to you at the same time. That way, if you want an expert, you’ll know exactly who to turn to in which store.
Gift Ideas on display in the picture above:
- Chineasy Memory Game – Shaolan
- Why the Dutch are Different – Ben Coates
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A Lupita le gustaba planchar – Laura Esquivel
- The White Road – Edmund de Waal
- The Truth – Neil Strauss
- Essential Koren Grammar – Laura Kingdon
- Poems That Make Grown Men Cry – Anthony Holden (ed.)
- Tokyo: Monocle Travel Guide
- NYT 36 Hours: 125 Weekends in Europe – Barbara Ireland
What items from the list above do you want to highlight?
“Essential Korean Grammar. Korea has really been gaining in popularity recently, and I’m trying to buy Korean language books that go beyond the standard basic guides.
“Why the Dutch are Different. It’s a fun new guide to the Netherlands and what it is like to live here. It really catches the attention. It also fills the gap between the humorous books like The Undutchables and Stuff Dutch People Like and the more serious titles like The Low Sky. Ben Coates came by for a book signing and talk in October, and he was a very kind, typical Brit.”
What soon-to-be-released title do people need to pre-order?
“Teach Yourself: Mindfulness Made Easy by Martha Langley.”
More buyers with their gift ideas will be presented on the blog every day. An overview post can be found here.