I’m off on holiday for the next two weeks. Hopefully to read some books, play some Tomb Raider and restore my sanity at a few museums. Here are some Public Service Announcements:
- Both stores will close early today and be closed on January 1st. See store hours here.
- Check the Upcoming Events for January here – no round-up this month.
- My fellow Social Medialites will be tweeting and Facebooking and news mailing as usual.
- Prize Draw Winners from the Huckleberry Cookbook prize draw onwards will be posted when I get back.
- Top priority when I get back (after my store sections, of course) will be a new round of You Review!
“But Sophie,” I hear you think, “haven’t you been on holiday for the past week and a half? Nothing’s been posted here!” True. Nothing’s been posted here. But that’s because, besides the crazy busy time that was pre-Christmas shopping in the stores, I’ve been very much at work, behind the scenes, on your Top 5s. More than 30 of you handed in a top 5. THIRTY! 30!!! That’s 30×5 = 150 books, recommended from you, to you. You are awesome. And apparently intent on keeping me chained to my computer.
So yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing. It’ll be the top post starting on January 2nd, and you’ll have a good two weeks to read through it (and yes, it’s worth investing some time in!). And if you still need reading tips, have a look back out our Staff Favorites. 🙂
Happy reading, and see you in the new year!