During this in-between time, before the new year really starts, why not drop in at the ABC Treehouse in Amsterdam or the ABC Treehut in The Hague on Saturday, January 5th, 2013, for a chat with other booklovers over a cup of something warm, and to exchange gifts you received for other items you’d rather read or use? It’s just one hour, from 15 – 16 hrs, easy to do in-between other errands!
How does it work?
- Bring up to 5 items and a sense of humor to trade
- Show your ABC card ( discount, 65+, teacher, student, temporary) at the door and get a ticket for each item you bring to the exchange ( up to 5 items per person)
- items must be good and new, something you’d gift to another person
- items can be in three categories: book ( any language), toy (any age), personal product ( soap, perfume, after shave)
- item value indication should be between 5 and 50 eu per item (although value will not be considered when swapping)
- swap item for item freely (bring one in, take one home; bring two items, choose two new ones)
- have a chat
- return your tickets at the door when leaving with new items
- leftovers will be donated to a good cause; nothing will be thrown away!
This will work best if lots of people participate, so in order to widen the selection, would you tell your friends? If 100 people come, the selection will be great! In order to proceed, we need 25 sign-ups (mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the Amsterdam meetup and email@example.com for The Hague, or see the reservation link here).