- Hayley: An Utterly Impartial History of Britain: (or 2000 Years of Upper Class Idiots in Charge) by John O’Farrell; The Old Man And The Sea by Ernest Hemingway; Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
- Tiemen: Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace; HhhH by Laurent Binet (still not available in English at the moment, for those who are wondering)
- Femke: The Bond - Connecting Through The Space Between Us by Lynne McTaggart
- Peter L: Very Bad Men by Harry Dolan
- Peter H: Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
- Mark: Hitchcock by Francois Truffaut
- Renate: The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes; Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
- Tjeerd: Voices by Arnaldur Indridason
- Jeroen W: The Aleph by Jorge Luis Borges
- Luke: The Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen
- Aviva: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot; How To Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog by Chad Orzel
- Pleun: Zomerhuis met Zwembad by Herman Koch
Archive for the ‘Tjeerd’ Category
Yay, more Best Reads 2008 from my colleagues!
It’s the penultimate list, so have a good look at what Steven (Special Order Department Whipcracker), Tiemen (Jack of All Trades and all round Nice Guy ™, Amsterdam), Tjeerd (Lady of the House, Special Order Department, Amsterdam) and Eefje (New Age/Consciousness buyer, Customer Service Idol, Den Haag) have to offer… Find out who digs potato peels, who likes drag queens, who enjoys sci-fi, and who has been reading forgotten classics.
Edit: One other Top 5 came in under the radar, which I’m including here! Thank you Ester (Movie Checker, Manga, Art, Horror, Classics Buyer, Den Haag) for finding some time in your hectic month to mail them through…
Thanks to all those colleagues who sent something in – I love to read about what everyone else is reading! Although this year there’s not one clear favorite, methinks.
After the jump!
Here’s a snapshot of what some of ABC Amsterdam back stage team were reading in June.
Powered by WordPress