- Aviva: Columbine by David Cullen
- Renate: Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis
- Max: How to Wreck a Nice Beach: The Vocoder from World War II to Hip-Hop, the Machine Speaks by Dave Tompkins
- Tiemen: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- Hayley: Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz
- Femke: Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind by Joe Dispenza and Amit Goswami
- Maarten: Maracot Deep by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Jasper: Cinematography for Directors: A Guide for Creative Collaborationby Jacqueline B. Frost
Archive for the ‘Jasper’ Category
(My NaNo wordcount: still 14104)
Another post chock-full of this year’s favorites, right here!
This post has recommendations from Hester (Biography, Fiction, Poetry and Yoga buyer, Tante, Amsterdam), Jasper (Art, Animation, Fantasy Art, and Film & Television Buyer, Amsterdam), and Jesse (Fashion Buyer, Amsterdam) – after the jump, of course.
Here’s a snapshot of what Amsterdam’s ground floor crew were reading in June.
They’re a productive lot, the ABC booksellers. When we asked them for gift ideas, they inundated us with lists; so many that we couldn’t post them all before Christmas! We were too busy manning the cash desks and sellingbooks, to actually write about them, and lots of good ideas were left unposted in my in-box.
Which is a shame, since we know you shop at ABC all year round for presents, and the ABC-ers had some great ideas! If you’re ever stumped for what to buy, just click on ‘gifts’ on the category list in the sidebar to see all of our ideas. Our recommendations are also a good place to start.
Jasper, Amsterdam’s Art, Film & TV and Animation buyer compiled such a brilliant, useful, comprehensive list of gift ideas for art and film fans, that I just had to post it as soon as I recovered from all that turkey and wine and chivvied myself back to work.
Here are some of the most common gift problems Jasper hears, and the most common (and successful) answers he gives!
Powered by WordPress